Surf & Co Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messageboard for lost members of the old surf.co.nz forum

5 posters

two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great...

groovn
    groovn

two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great... Empty two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great...

Post  groovn Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:55 am

So the great one is the "view posts since last visit" link. How fantastic is that!?

the one that I'm not a big fan of is there are just too damn many "subforums". Maybe I'm just a retard, or maybe it's my ADD, but it seems to me there are too many choices and it's a little frustrating to jump around a lot. But - that could just be me.

Smile
    phoam
    phoam

two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great... Empty Re: two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great...

Post  phoam Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:04 am

okies true. agreed

how about I delete shapers forum, and just make a Board and Gear talk forum

And I merge the video and photography forums.

And merge the Politics and environment forums.??

And put buy and sell in the same forum under surf chat?
    Bionic tARD
    Bionic tARD

two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great... Empty Re: two observations about this forum... one great, one not so great...

Post  Bionic tARD Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 am

I reckon that will work, although i think people should be using chat box more
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 am

And can we get the bb to display the latest post rather than the first one and read backwards through it if we want?

Chat box????????? WTF is a chat box?
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am

chat box is the instant message chat, kat!

phoam... yeah those suggestions would simplify it.

Personally when I look at how i use forums, the ones I spend most time in are the ones that are a "catchall" and the topics range across the board - versus "specialty" sections. But, again that might just be my own idiosyncrasies and not applicable to the general forum populace.

Smile
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:43 am

Yeah nah that's me as well Groovn, I prefer a big menu in one spot, I can read a thread topic and decide for myself whether to go there or not. I reckon that's part of the reason the buy/sell on the 'other' place never really got much traffic. I tend to park an site and hit 'refresh' from time to time, and I expect it to be served up to me, not to have to go looking for it....spolit little sh1t that I am....
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:14 am

yip.... exactly me too.

might just be laziness.

Smile

But call it what you will, I can't generally be bothered jumping around between a dozen different streams and windows... I get confused enough trying to keep my work windows and my "screwing off at work" windows separated....

hehe
    Bionic tARD
    Bionic tARD

Post  Bionic tARD Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 am

kat wrote:And can we get the bb to display the latest post rather than the first one and read backwards through it if we want?

I dont know that seems like it would be a pain in the arse if you hadn't been on for a while and there was 20+ posts to read backwards. wouldn't that mean scrolling down till you find the last one you have read then scrolling up to the latest post.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:32 am

kat wrote:And can we get the bb to display the latest post rather than the first one and read backwards through it if we want?

what I could do is set up the forum so its like a blog, with last posts at the top.
    But I know that most other forums are this format, and perhaps you had spent too long on the old surfco one and were use to the arsed backwards way of reading a forum :0)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 am

groovn wrote:S
    the one that I'm not a big fan of is there are just too damn many "subforums". Maybe I'm just a retard, or maybe it's my ADD, but it seems to me there are too many choices and it's a little frustrating to jump around a lot. But - that could just be me.

Smile

I have just compressed the forums as you suggested, I think it looks alot better myself.
    what do you think?
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 am

yep... heaps better.

Smile

as for the top to bottom thing I think I agree... even though it sucks having to scroll down or scroll to last page every time - likewise it would REALLY suck if like was just said you'd been away for a bit and now had to go backward from bottom to top...

too bad there's not an easy way to make it totally user specific so at the post level it takes you back to where you last left off... but hey... beggars can't be choosers!

I'm cool with the way it is... and I love all the formatting options, etc. This is good.
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 am

re: starting threads at the end instead of the start - the tribe has spoken on this and I'm happy with that, nothin' like a bit of democracy Smile

Why do the topic subjects need to have a minimum of 10 characters? Y-O-G-A only has 4...... Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 pm