Surf & Co Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messageboard for lost members of the old surf.co.nz forum

2 posters

What sort of camera do you shoot with?

phoam
    phoam

What sort of camera do you shoot with? Empty What sort of camera do you shoot with?

Post  phoam Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 am

list your gear here
    I use a canon 30D
    with a 100-400 Lseries lens
    10-22mm + 50mm 1.8
    seeka
    seeka

What sort of camera do you shoot with? Empty Re: What sort of camera do you shoot with?

Post  seeka Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 am

i have a sony DSC H2 SLR.
    it's only 6 megapix.
    only real problem i have is the speed of continuous shots.
    hopefully i'll be upgrading to something better soon.
    i've used a canon and really like them..mostly because they shoot raw.
    but other than that it takes a pretty good 'family pic'

having said that, i took these shots on standard 'point and shot' setting..as you can see it would have been good to have a few extra frames between shots,.. i miss heaps of good surfing action shots.

What sort of camera do you shoot with? DSC010

What sort of camera do you shoot with? DSC011

What sort of camera do you shoot with? DSC012-1
    phoam
    phoam

What sort of camera do you shoot with? Empty Re: What sort of camera do you shoot with?

Post  phoam Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 am

loving that last shot!

the only problem with those cameras and sequential shooting is the shutter lag.
    Once you work out the lag timer, you can prejudge the peak image motion point and capture the best of a sequence with one shot.

a
    review for your camrea has the shutter lag (the elapsed time between
    depressing the shutter and capturing an image)at: just under
    1/10 second when pre-focused and 3/10 second including autofocus time

more interesting info about shooting modes

The H2 offers two continuous shooting modes, Burst and Multi Burst. In Burst mode, the H2 captured 7 images at 7/10 second intervals and took 4 seconds to clear its full buffer; subsequent images could be captured only after removing your finger from the shutter button and re-depressing it. During Burst shooting, the camera briefly displays the last captured image, making it difficult to follow a moving subject. In Multi Burst mode, the H2 records 16 shots in a single 1280x960 image. You can specify the Multi Burst shot interval: at 1/30 sec, the 16 images will be captured in 1/2 second, at 1/15 second they will be captured in 1 second, and at a 1/7.5 second interval the sequence is completed in 2 seconds. Multi Burst is intended for uses such as evaluating an athlete's form. Performance measurements were made while using a SanDisk 1GB Ultra II
    Memory Stick Duo Pro,shooting 6-megapixel images in Fine quality.
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:48 am

thanks phoam, Very Happy

and cheers for the info.
    yeah, i have sussed the shutter lag and set it to a fast as it will go.
    i only tried the burst mode a coupla times and gave up on it as the pics come out all in one frame.
    i suppose it could be handy for making moving gifs...but then the camera has a movie mode anyway...must try it one day.

it's okay for a cheapy camera. i'll give it to one of the kids once i can afford a new one.
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 am

check this phoam..
    This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, In which you can see IN FOCUS The face of each individual in the crowd.

You can scan, double click and zoom to any section of the crowd... wait a few seconds... and the focus adjusts.

The picture was taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 megapixel. (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera)

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen....6648c2b4b06233c
    phoam
    phoam

Post  phoam Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 am

the link didn't work for me
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 am

seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 am

thats odd....didn't work that time either.
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 am

seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 am

that one should work.
    phoam
    phoam

Post  phoam Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 am

thanks seeka, worked this time.
    amazing!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am