Surf & Co Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messageboard for lost members of the old surf.co.nz forum

4 posters

Guy Phucks Day.... and the day after.

groovn
    groovn

Guy Phucks Day....  and the day after. Empty Guy Phucks Day.... and the day after.

Post  groovn Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:24 am

It's another year gone by and another several tonnes of toxic waste slipped away with the tides in the night. Many local residents were out this am, doing our bit to tidy up after the irresponsible....

But I'm sure we only managed to get a fraction of the total stuff that had already been claimed by the sea, of the broken glass and the spent sparklers - now lying like unexploded ordnance beneath the sand awaiting the tender wee feet of someone's daughter, son or dog.

They managed to set the dunes alight last night too.... I hope the time and effort spent by the fire crews was not at the expense of someone's house burning down or a heart attack victim who didn't make it because the paramedics had to come from another station while the local boys dealt with the fires wrought by careless drunks.

The neighbourhood was also trashed... broken glass, vomit, bottles, cans and a few condoms lining the streets, gardens and gutters... most of it plucked up by we residents by noon, so it won't find its way to the sea.

It comes down to personal responsibility.... shame there are so few in life who seem to care about such things. No wonder our world is screwed.
    seeka
    seeka

Guy Phucks Day....  and the day after. Empty Re: Guy Phucks Day.... and the day after.

Post  seeka Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 am

only parts of the world are screwed groovn, take southland for example...near paradise, once your over the chill. Smile

i've said it before and i'll say it again....it's a shame these idiots couldn't put their fireworks to good use and blow up the beehive.

pirat
    groovn
    groovn

Guy Phucks Day....  and the day after. Empty Re: Guy Phucks Day.... and the day after.

Post  groovn Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 am

yeah, only parts of the world are screwed... but still it's alarming how fast the idiot cells seem to grow.

More alarming is the thought that perhaps it's not they, but ME. Maybe this is just the way the world is meant to BE.

A fat glass of sweating-cold whiskey and an open fire somewhere deep in the woods would be nice right now.
    phoam
    phoam

Post  phoam Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 pm

luckily way out here in the outer burbs, there have not been many bursts of fireworks going on,.
    I haven't even rushed outside to see any go off like I used to.
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:14 am

havn't heard too much around here either phoam.

groovn wrote: Maybe this is just the way the world is meant to BE.

yep..it's kinda like an alcoholic, have to hit rock bottom before change.
    scootertrash
    scootertrash

Post  scootertrash Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

wu wei
    what ever will be will be

hows star child groovn ?
    daddy times 2 soon ?
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:30 pm

juz waitn and waitin mate... this one apparently want the whole world to wait on her.

typical chick.

Very Happy
    scootertrash
    scootertrash

Post  scootertrash Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:33 am

Looks like we'll pop by on the 28th with your gun Very Happy
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:14 am

scootertrash wrote:Looks like we'll pop by on the 28th with your gun Very Happy

sweet! with any luck we'll have a wee infant with us by then.... she shore is taking her sweet time!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:41 pm