Surf & Co Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messageboard for lost members of the old surf.co.nz forum

3 posters

Yoga Yoga Yoga

kat
    kat

Yoga Yoga Yoga Empty Yoga Yoga Yoga

Post  kat Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 am

May just extend my surfing season and keep me out of injury dry-dock. I've been going along for about 6 weeks now to beginners classes - I went to a session the other night that was run by a 60-ish year old woman, first time in her class and I thought to myself 'no worries mate, she'll be nice and gentle', well b ugger me - I ended up bent backwards in a hog-tied banana shape with someone sitting on soles of my feet leaning back and pulling my upper arms further back behind me, JUST IN CASE I wasn't getting enough of a stretch affraid affraid

And the best news of all is that I felt no pain or discomfort the next day. Beggars belief really!

So who here yoga's? Any stretches that don't involve hog ties or bananas that you can recommend for getting in good bendy surfing shape?
    Bionic tARD
    Bionic tARD

Yoga Yoga Yoga Empty Re: Yoga Yoga Yoga

Post  Bionic tARD Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:38 am

Havent tried yoga but im guessing it would help with the '4 butt cheeks' look
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 am

Well considering yoga gear doesn't have an awful lot of hidey places for things like extra butt cheeks, I'm happy to report there's only been an average of 2 butt cheeks per person I've seen so far Very Happy

And reporting too that there's several men that turn up regularly, including a couple of surfer boys I know. So it's not just a girly game, it's good for every body it seems Very Happy
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 am

LOVE Bikram yoga... aint done it in forever.

often do a few basic poses as part of a stretching routine...

Yoga = good.
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 am

I have low blood pressure so I've never been game to do Bikram. Plus it's a cost thing - I pay $55 for 12 weeks of as much yoga as I can manage (I'm managing to get along twice a week at present), but if I went to Bikram it'd cost me $15 a pop. Ouch.
    groovn
    groovn

Post  groovn Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 am

kat wrote:I have low blood pressure so I've never been game to do Bikram. Plus it's a cost thing - I pay $55 for 12 weeks of as much yoga as I can manage (I'm managing to get along twice a week at present), but if I went to Bikram it'd cost me $15 a pop. Ouch.

yeah, agreed... I just really dig the cleansing of the heat yoga...

but the beauty of yoga is it's FREE. all you need is a space big enough to pose in.

Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 am